Senior Compliance Officer
Senior Compliance Officer
- Job type: Permanent, Full-time
- Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
- Application deadline: 14/08/2020
Luminor is a contemporary, new-generation bank and financial services provider in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania with a local understanding of its home markets and customer needs. Built on the extensive experience of the two leading Nordic banks and a corporate partnership with a global investment firm - Blackstone, Luminor is the third-largest financial services provider in the Baltic region. With its customer base of 1.3 million clients and its team of over 2500 professionals, Luminor aims to become a leading financial services provider for Baltic businesses and entrepreneurial people.
Join us and become our newest team member making the change and advancing the world of banking!
Make the change as a Senior Compliance Officer
The Senior Compliance Officer will be joining Luminor Compliance division Governance and Quality Assurance department, which is responsible for internal Compliance governance, Compliance function tools and methodologies, risk assessment framework and quality assurance, with the goal to guarantee high-quality value adding compliance services by Compliance division to the whole organization.
The Senior Compliance Officer will focus on continual service improvement through identifying enhancements to current work processes. Successful candidate would be a proactive and eager learner, focused on solving complex problems and providing modern solutions, with excellent collaboration skills and ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge.
- Conduct regulatory landscape monitoring regarding new and amended initiatives applicable to the pan-Baltic Compliance function;
- Conduct relevant impact assessments and interpret new regulatory requirements to provide advice and guidance with respect to their implementation;
- Communicate with stakeholders on potential risks and possible mitigating actions deriving from such initiatives;
- Ensure adequacy and timely update of Compliance internal regulations;
- Conduct examinations to evaluate legal and compliance risk management practices in Compliance function and develop guidelines and best practices based on that;
- Help develop and maintain Compliance function methodologies, tools and solutions;
- Participate in risk assessments and quality assurance exercises.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong legal knowledge gained from financial industry, minimum 4 years of successful track record working with regulatory, compliance, controls, audit or risk management areas;
- Experience in advising stakeholders on compliance with laws, keeping them informed on new business practices and tools and focusing on achieving operational excellence;
- High ethical standards and professionalism managing complex situations with the ability to take initiative and ownership for solving complex problems;
- Superior business writing skills;
- Eye on details, excellent communication skills, pro-activeness and ability to explain complicated matters in an easy way;
- Working proficiency in English and one of the Baltic languages both oral and written;
- Relevant professional certifications (CAMS, ICA, CFE or similar) are desired but not mandatory.
Why Luminor? What we can offer you:
- Dynamic and International working environment that is filled with interesting challenges and opportunities as we build and innovate a new bank together;
- Chance to work in a cross-border team, taking an active role in the transformation process with the possibility to make a positive impact on the Compliance function and the organization as a whole;
- Varied opportunities to support your professional and personal development and growth;
- A competitive benefits package in addition to your salary;
- An additional benefits package for employees after 1 year in the company, which includes additional days of vacation;
- A collaborative and supportive team where you can create and implement ideas;
- A salary range for this position at 2600-3000 EUR (Gross*), which is to be determined depending on the level of experience and competencies of the selected candidate.
In case of questions please feel free to contact the hiring manager: email@example.com or responsible HR: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your application documents in English.
Please be informed that only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Location: Tallinn, Vilnius or Riga